Monday, June 18, 2007

Spanked to Tears

The topic of crying during a spanking came up on the forum Happy Tails the other day, and while I added my 2 cents on the thread, I continued to think about it especially in light of the sobfest I had during my spanking from Dallas. What makes me (or allows me to) cry during a spanking and why don't I cry more often in other scenes and spanking play I engange in?

There are certain key elements that are necessary for me to let go and really have a good cry from a spanking. I say "good cry" because it is possible for me to cry without these elements, but the tears that result aren't ones that feel so good. But I'll get to that a little later. For now I'll just focus on what it takes for me to let go and cry from a spanking in a healthy way. They are Trust, Tone, Intensity, Intent.

Trust is essential for me to cry. I need to feel that I am safe both physically and emotionally. If I am busy concentrating on fear of true physical harm coming to my body due to unsafe practices or inexperience, I won't be able to let go and cry. Similiarly, I need to feel safe enough with regard to the psychological aspects of the relationship to allow myself to be emotionally vulnerable. I need to know that I will not be judged, made fun of, or belittled in any way for tears falling.

The tone of a spanking is incredibly important too. If I sense that the person spanking me is uncertain or not taking it seriously, crying is more difficult. A strict, strong demeanor without crossing over to cruel or abusive is key. If I feel the spanking isn't fair or is going too far, I somehow manage to not only not cry, but refuse to give any sort of desired reaction ... and of course in the name of safety, I will also call an end to it altogether if need be.

By intensity I mean how firm the spanking is. This does not mean that I necessarily need to be smacked with a 2 x 4 at full swing, but I do need to feel a good sting and burn. Light butterfly pats won't make me feel like I've received a true spanking warranting tears.

And finally, intent is very critical as well. Of the scenes that I've done, I've cried easiest when being spanked by Dallas. While it is certainly true that he spanks very hard and I'd say that of the spankings I've taken on film, I've done my most severe with him, it's more the intent than the intensity that leaves me crying. In those scenes I am being punished for real life offenses and due to that psychological / emotional aspect, tears are often rolling down my cheeks before the first spank lands. I am thinking about what it is that I have done wrong or an area that I need to work on and feel truly remorseful. I am not playing a character that committed some infraction completely foreign to me and I am not busy trying to remember what my next line might be.

I have cried in some other scenes including a couple on Punished Brats where I am not being punished for real life offenses, but the scenes are not our usual naughty but somewhat light-hearted and humorous standard. They'll be scenes where during a longer, firmer spanking there isn't a lot of dialogue which allows me feel as though I'm being disiplined for some real infraction and I may even begin to think of something that I'm carrying guilt over. But for the most part, when being spanked on camera, I'm doing a scene and focused on way too many other aspects to just let loose or the type of scene I'm doing just wouldn't work as well if I burst into heaving sobs.

All that being said, I have cried in some scenes where these key elements weren't necessarily met. I may have been overly tired or just having one of those days where a sappy Hallmark commercial will make me cry. I also may have been crying for a reason almost directly opposite of one of my "good cry" essentials - the feeling of a lack of safety. Not necessarily physical safety, but emotional safety and comfort. I cried because I was genuinely upset and confused but felt I needed to continue on with the scene. That distress led to tears but not the cleansing kind that I would categorize as a "good cry".

Like almost every aspect of spanking, some people enjoy crying or watching a girl cry from being spanked and some find it off-putting. Personally I find crying from a true discipline-style spanking cathartic and I also enjoy watching a girl cry in a well done disciplinary scene. I don't wish to or aim to cry in the majority of my scenes as I also greatly enjoy the emotionally lighter, fun type of scenes. Also, in all honesty, crying leaves me emotionally and physically drained and I think I would quickly burn out if the goal were tears every time. But a tearful truly remorseful Pixie in response to a real (or at least very realistic) disciplinary spanking once in a while balanced out with plenty of sassy, bratty, lighter affairs is a good thing in my book.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww (Offering tissues and clean hankies to Pixie). Thanks for a great column, sweetie. This is one of those topics that comes up often in our crew, and you have really good insights on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Very well stated. When it comes to tears, almost everyone talks about emotional issues long-long before they mention the actual physical intensity of the spanking. Not that it doesn't count, of course. Like you say, a playful spanking wont do it. But, it is down on the list. That's something non-spankos seem to have no concept of (and that includes non-spankos that spank).

Very interesting what you said about crying on film. Would you say that it's harder to cry on film... to get into the mind set and comfort zone needed? It sure seems like it would be. Really speaks to the skill Dallas has, and the trust you have in him.

Did you mention the reason for the spanking Dallas gave, btw?

Very good post!
:)
~Todd & Suzy

Winchester said...

Thank you Pixie for this glimpse into your soul - for that is what you have allowed us to share. We all need sometimes to be able - and to have permission - to cry. I have no wish to see snyone cry from the pain of being spanked: that amounts to sadism. But to be allowed to witness true tears of remorse is a privilege indeed - and for that to be given on film is even more of a provilege for those allowed to see it. Thank you again, for your honesty, courage and trust in sharing these thoughts

Anonymous said...

A very thoughtful and insightful blogessay, Pixie. You reveal a great deal of yourself (beyond your bared behind) and it is part of what makes your blog and productions so interesting to read and watch.

OK, now for my question, when you got your Dallas spanking for a real life infraction, and you cried, did you also do a punished girl jumping, bottom-rubbing spanky-dance around the room when let up, or is that the topic for another day?

Brad D.

Dave said...

Hi Pixie,

What a marvelous and fascinating and as always so thoughtful post. Thank you for sharing this.

I hope someday you can write a book on the spanking 'kink' to help the less experienced such as myself, and this topic would make an intriguing chapter indeed.

Best regards,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Dont Cry
Think of Happy Thoughts

Duncan

Anonymous said...

oh beautiful pics!

Clare xxx

Unknown said...

Excellent article Pixie, Thank you -- this subject that was right on time for me. Our mutual friend (who is currently in the Caribbean) will benefit greatly from your keen insight when she returns =) You're the bomb!

Sincerely,
Herb

Anonymous said...

Don't have anything original to add here--but yeah, that came from the heart, and that made it a great post.

Amber Pixie Wells said...

007 - thank you for the unused tissues and clean hankies. ;-)

Todd & Suzy - for me it's not necessarily harder to cry on film but it is harder to cry in front of a room full of people. If it's just me, the spanker, and a camera it's a lot easier than when it's me, the spanker, 2 cameramen, a director, and a number of other onlookers. With fewer people in the room I'm not as intimidated.

I was spanked for an issue I continue to struggle with which is self-worth. I'd allow myself to be treated poorly and get into bad situations because I struggle to believe I deserve better and that it's ok to say no. It's a tough issue for me and more than likely I'll need a refresher course down the line.

Winchester - I agree that crying from remorse is very different from crying purely from pain. To me the former is relatable, the latter is upsetting.

Brad D - No, there was no post-spank dance. I was exhausted and subdued after this session. The spanky-dance is much more likely to happen after a fun but firm play spanking.

Dave - thank you Dave. I'm glad you found my post so intriguing. :)

Duncan - I'm not crying now, but sometimes it's good to cry! It's far more painful to fake a smile than a shed a tear.

Clare - Thank you!!! (((hugs)))

Herb - I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hope our Caribbean Cutie is doing well.

Tim - Thank you. I'm glad the risks I sometimes take in posting what I really feel are so well-received and understood. :)

Emma Bishop said...

Brilliantly written :)

Re: "I was spanked for an issue I continue to struggle with which is self-worth. I'd allow myself to be treated poorly and get into bad situations because I struggle to believe I deserve better and that it's ok to say no. It's a tough issue for me and more than likely I'll need a refresher course down the line".

I can sooo relate and it is the reason I end up in tears most times from punishment spankings, that I have let myself and him down.
It seems a common theme that most of us spank scene girls suffer from when there is always baggage, scarring and healing going on.
I'm starting to think I matter a lot more now but still have a way to go.

Emma
x

Michael said...

Pixie,

Very insightful and inspiring. Of particular interest was your mention of Trust, Tone, Intensity and Intent.

One of the best spankings I ever gave was a belt spanking over my knee. There was a keen level of trust and mutual respect, yet in this particular instance I was "genuinely" upset with her, which increased the tone / intensity of the spanking to a very exciting level.

Much like Winchester, I do not enjoy tears that may result from a physical beating, I am simply not a sadist- but rather one where a deeper understanding/friendship results in a more realistic spanking experience. Some folks also just seem to have good chemistry. (Is there such a thing as a spanking pheromone? ;-)

I can certainly understand how one would be less apt to cry in front of a room full of people, as opposed to a more intimate one on one scene. In alignment with this thought, on a human level most folks cry behind closed doors as opposed to breaking down in front of a crowd.

In any case, thanks for the insight. Great post.

Michael
http://barebottomspanking.blogspot.com

Michael said...

Another interesting tidbit on tears... and why a good cry is good for your health.

"Biochemist William Frey (Crying: The Mystery of Tears, Winston Press, Texas, 1977) compared the normal moisturizing tear with the tear caused by emotion and found that stressful tears contained ACTH or adrenocorticotrophic hormone. ACTH is a hormone associated with high blood pressure, low blood sugar, heart problems, peptic ulsers and other physical conditions closely related to stress.

Cry your pretty little head off dollface... we want you around :-)

The spanking pirate!

Michael
http://barebottomspanking.blogspot.com